YOUR ACCESS TO HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINES IS UNDER THREAT.
These proposals have only very recently come to light and are due to happen imminently.
I know that those among you who are my patients already really value homeopathy highly so I’m asking you to please, please make sure these changes do not go through.
You may have already signed a petition, but that is NOT enough. You really need to take action and write to your MP and you need to do it quickly otherwise you will not be able to get remedies from me or any other homeopath any more. You will have to go, in person, to one of the five homeopathic pharmacies in the UK and have a face-to-face consultation with a homeopath there. You will not be able to get your remedies over the phone or online.
There are some 6 million people in Britain who use homeopathy regularly……and there are 5 homeopathic pharmacies. This is essentially making homeopathic treatment unavailable for most people.
Here is a copy of an email I received this morning from H:MC21 this morning which gives you some pointers for your letter to your MP.
Please take action.
With love and blessings,
A number of Medicines Acts are being consoidated and simplified. However, if the proposals go into force as they stand:
- I’m deeply concerned a draft proposal set out by the MHRA as part of its consolidation and review of the Medicines Act 1968 could have a significant impact on my ability as a patient to access homeopathic medicines in the UK.
- In its current form section 10 of the proposal would only allow unlicensed homeopathic medicines to be bought directly from a pharmacist face-to-face, in effect outlawing the purchase of these medicines over the telephone or via online ordering. This would mean I would be deprived of the medicines that I have found to be so beneficial to my health.
- There are only five homeopathic pharmacies in the UK, so most homeopathic medicines are ordered from these specialist pharmacies either by phone or via the Internet. Therefore the enforcement of section 10 in its current form will have serious consequences for the six million people in the UK who choose to use this form of complementary medicine.
- If not revised the proposal would also have serious consequences for more than 2,000 homeopathic practitioners, many of whom would find it impossible to treat patients like myself because they can no longer obtain the appropriate homeopathic medicine.
- I understand that a central plank of government health policy is to increase patient choice. Section 10 will eliminate choice for people like me who want to be treated with homeopathy.
- I would like to call on your support in getting the Health Minister to revise slightly the proposed language of the revised Medicines Act to ensure that I have continued access to a full range of homeopathic medicines and my right to choose homeopathic treatment is maintained.